Terms and Conditions
- Prices shown include VAT and delivery and are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP). All payments are to be made in advance of delivery by debit or credit card.
- The price displayed on the website may be lower than the price quoted if ordering on the telephone.
- We aim to deliver within 7 working days (Monday to Friday) of ordering. If there is going to be a delay we will contact you.
- All consignments are to be signed for on delivery.
- Dawsons Fuels advise against requesting consignments being left without signature, however should this be a requirement of the customer, Dawsons Fuels accept no liability for goods missing or damaged.
- Deliveries are made Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. We do not offer specific delivery times or dates. Please contact us directly to discuss delivery days available.
- Deliveries are carried out using wagons up to 18 tonnes in size. If you require a smaller 7.5 tonne delivery vehicle due to road restrictions please ensure your order is no heavier than 500kg per pallet (half pallet size). Tail lifts on smaller vehicles have an upper weight limit.
- Pallets with a weight over 500kg will be delivered using a larger wagon up to 18tonnes in size.
- We can deliver to most properties in the UK, however some areas are not accessable by large vehicles. If we discover prior to an order being dispatched, that a delivery to a property is unlikely due to access restrictions including low bridges, narrow roads, sharp bends or weight restrictions. We will notify you and hold your consignment back from dispatch until a solution is found. If there is no alternative the customer will be given a full refund.
- The customer should notify us at the time of ordering of any vehicle access restrictions or issues that may prevent us from safely delivering a consignment. A charge will be made for re-delivery of an order should an attempt to deliver fail.
- Should the driver be unable to gain access to the customers' property or site, then the consignment will be returned to the nearest depot where the customer will have to make other arrangements at their own expense.
- Our delivery service is to kerbside only. Delivery to anywhere else on a property is at the drivers discretion when making the delivery.
- Delivery is made using a large wagon up to 18tonnes in size with a tail-lift. The pallet is then moved using a pump truck. Pump trucks cannot be operated on steep slopes or soft ground including gravel or steps.
- Our Couriers do not operate a Hi-Ab service, all Courier deliveries are carried out by tail lift and pallet pump trucks.
- Should a pallet or crate have to be returned to us for any reason the customer will be refunded the original payment less all haulage charges generated. Haualage costs are generated when a pallet leaves our depot for trasit to a delivery depot. Further haulage costs are generated when a pallet makes a return journey from a delivery depot back to ourselves.
- Delivery times may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. bad weather, excepionally busy periods, vehicle problems or traffic issues).
- Dawsons Fuels will make every effort to arrange delivery of products on the agreed date, but if for any reason the delivery company is unable to make a delivery. Dawsons Fuels accept no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered, arising from any cause whatsoever.
- If you delivery arrives in a damage state you must write ‘damaged’ on the delivery note that is to be taken away by the delivery driver.
- Any damages must be reported to us immediately. Preferably whilst the delivery driver is still there.
- If possible please take photographs showing the damaged goods.
- We will refund damages, but only if they have been notified on the delivery note.
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us within 14 days of the goods being received for a refund. The goods will need to be returned in the original packaging and condition.
- You will need to arrange for the collection of the goods.
- The cost of collection is payable by you and is estimated at £40.00 + VAT.
- We will refund the full value of the goods returned less the haulage charges per pallet for the courier charges incurred.
- You can cancel an order prior to the dispatch from our yard or loading onto our delivery vehicle to obtain a full refund of payment. If an order is already dipatched the customer will be refunded the original payment less any haulage charges generated. Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Pre and Post Sales Advice
- We are pleased to assist all of our customers before and after they have received the goods ordered. Please email us or call on 015396 20210 for advice or information about any goods or services that we supply.
- All goods are subject to availability.
- All sizes are approximate, unless referring to weight.
- Packaging may vary to that shown on the website.
- W Dawson & Son Ltd reserves the right to amend prices or withdraw goods without prior notice.
- Orders received for solid fuels not authorised for use in smoke control areas are subject to your responsibilities in understanding and complying with the Clean Air Act.
- Many solid fuel appliances can burn either solid fuel or wood. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendation for fuel. A number of fuels may not be suitable for certain appliances and use of them could invalidate your guarantee and shorten the life of the appliance.
- The closing date is stated on each individual prize draw or competition.
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition.
- All prizes are subject to availability, and Dawsons Fuels reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product or colour of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters' discretion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- The promotions are open to employees of Dawsons Fuels - with the exception of any employees (and their families), their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of these online promotions.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random after the closing date from all entries received. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email, messenger or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 6 weeks of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send the Promoter full details of their postal address to which the Prize will be delivered (if applicable).
- If the Promoter cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter's sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- By entering any of Dawsons Fuels online prize draws and competitions you agree to having your name, details and photo published online or in a future publication of Dawsons Fuels prize draws and competitions.
- Unless otherwise stated, the promoter is Dawsons Fuels, W Dawson & Son Limited, Station Road, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5HP.
- Click here for our privacy statement.